Thought of the Week

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. Albert Einstein

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Botanicals

I've been going through my computer and trying to clean things up and realized there is a whole lot of coloring I've done for my classes over the last year which has never seen the light of day outside of the classroom and the store:)  I've spent most of my time creating manuals and tutorials for classes that blogging has taken somewhat of a back seat.  For the next week, all is quiet (and I'm actually almost caught up with my "have to do" list), and time to blog a little more.  And now that I've typed all is quiet, I'm sure the Universe will see to it that chaos rains down on me:)

This wonderful stamp set was used in one of my Nature classes and the artist is Marcella Hawley who was a designer for Flourishes.  She now has her own store and is now offering digital images.  She is probably my fav artist for nature and botanicals as they are very realistic and coloring them is a dream.  Her new company is called Power Poppy and you can find the website HERE.
Closeup...loved coloring up the hummingbird and blending the different color groups.

This stamp set is called Wildflowers and was available from Flourishes and the artist was Marcella Hawley.
Closeup.  The butterflies were stamped on Elizabeth Craft shimmer sheets and then cut out for some shimmer and dimension.  The center of the flowers received some Viva decor liquid pearls.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope everyone has a fantastic week.

10 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Two gorgeous card. The colouring is amazing!

Lau W said...

Oh so fab coulouring, 2 wonderful cards Shelby !
xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous cards a and awesome colouring

Anne

Craftyanny said...

Great makes as usual Shelby.
The blue poppy's are stunning, coloured to perfection
Anne x

Teresa Arsenault said...

These are lovely and serene. I hope your day was too.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Ira Huberts said...

These are totally stunning Shelby, gosh, I am always so impressed with your colouring, fabulous! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

mags said...

Wow, these are stunning Shelby. Your colouring amazes me every time I visit.
Mags
x

Lisa M said...

Chaos, most certainly! Isn't that the way of Murphy's law?? For the time being I hope you enjoyed the temporary feng shui in your life!! ;)
Thank you for sharing your beautiful hidden works with us too. The colors you master are exceptional and I truly love that you made the butterflies 3d. They bring so much depth to an already exquisite picture. It's the perfect inspiration for this time of year.
Happy weekend chica!
Dory

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shelby these are so beautiful, I love anything that features Nature you have coloured the images perfectly.
hugs
lorraine x

Marilyn said...

These are beautiful and I am in awe... the florals are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design by Designer Blogs