Thought of the Week

The world is full of educated derelicts...Calvin Coolidge

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Magnificent Pine

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today is my turn to post over on the Memory Box blog called Outside the Box.  If you're looking for design inspiration, these ladies are uber talented and have some awesome ideas!!


Mb magnificent pine

It's been on the chilly, windy and snowy side here (-10 fahrenheit) over the last several days, and I thought this card would show the prettier side of this weather.

The card base measures 4 1/2 x 6"

The silver layer measures 4 x 5 1/2 inches...I heat embossed the edges (about 1/2" all the way around) of white paper with silver embossing powder.

The blue front layer measures 3 3/4x 5".  I stamped the background (Snowfall E1961) twice with white pigment ink and then flipped the paper upside down and stamped just the upper portion of the stamp to fill in the scene.

The snow was created using embossing paste and fine glitter and I created a bit of a swirly pattern with the paste.

The Magnificent Pine die (98485) was cut out using silver paper and adhered to the card and pushed into the embossing paste (while still wet) and the branches were adorned with various silver, white and blue pearls.

Memory Box products used:

Stamps:  Snowfall E1961; Snow Place like home B1935

Die:  Magnificent Pine 98485

Other Products:

Embossing paste, glitter, white pigment ink, black Stazon for sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope everyone has an enjoyable week!




19 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas card Shelby love your gorgeous tree and pretty background...and your sentiment is rght there is no place like home..

Anne

Sue said...

This is stunning Shelby. I love the embossing, gorgeous tree and pretty pearls.
hugs Sue xx

rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous work Shelby - love that tree - fabulous xx

Marilyn said...

What a pretty card! I love the rich, bold blue and the embossing and die are fabulous. Those little pearls in the snowflakes and as ornaments are very cute.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

welcome to the team...I was happily surprise to see that it was you. your card is lovely and I love the paste effect. great..keep in touch
bibiana

Teresa Arsenault said...

That silver pine is definitely magnificent. I love your snow too.

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Shelby!!!
Merry Christmas Sugar!
sandy

Maria said...

Wow! Love the tree, snowflakes and amazing snow! Wonderful texture with the embossing paste and glitter! So very beautiful!:-)

Patricia St Martin said...

Love how you did the background, it turned out so pretty.
Hugs, Pat

Craftyanny said...

Shelby I just adore this. Those little snowflakes are gorgeous!! A great card
Anne x

butterfly said...

This is so beautiful, Shelby - wow! I've just been to leave some love over at Outside the Box too...
Alison xx

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful card.
I love that silver tree

Pia S said...

I love the scene you've created for this card! Love the colors, the textured look of the snow, the snowflakes decorated with pearls... - Everything has been put together so beautifully on this card!

Bea und Doreen said...

simply stunning - so beautiful and elegant
Hugs
Doreen xx

mags said...

This is gorgeous Shelby. A really elegant card and love all the texture.
Mags
x

scrappymo! said...

This is so very pretty!

Lisa M said...

I'm in LOVE and I don't care who knows it!! (Little quote from Elf) but seriously, I've been perusing your work and it's all fabulous and getting me so in the mood to craft (which has been forever) and then BAM! I see this one....it's GORGEOUS chica. Beautifully crafted and very classy.
hugs to you and I hope you haven't lost all your sanity from the holiday frenzy!
Dory Bird

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

beautiful colors and design, love the fabulous tree.

Mary Paulyn said...

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already.. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design by Designer Blogs