Thought of the Week

The world is full of educated derelicts...Calvin Coolidge

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Snow Place like Home and a bit of news:)

I hope everyone in the US (or who celebrates the holiday) had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.  I definitely will have to hit the gym next week to try and sweat off the few extra pounds that I put on...or hey maybe the tighter waist band is just water weight!

I've been busy putting together quite a few new classes for the upcoming schedule at my LSS and for those who are local, I think you'll like the new classes for Copics so you can continue to build on your previous experiences in class.
However, I was finally able to sit down and just play around for the fun of it. No classwork, no DT assignments...just coloring because I wanted to.  That is the best kind of crafting:)

This too cute of a stamp happened to fall into my cart while browsing at my LSS.  This cutie is from Impression Obsession called Snowman with Bird.  The bright and fun paper is from my stash and the cover disappeared.  I promised myself not to buy any new Christmas papers (okay, paper for class doesn't count) this year until I used up what I already had.  Needless to say, over the year, I think the paper pads bred with each other and created even more paper so I won't be buying any paper:(.  The fabulous die cut border is from Memory Box is called Pine Needle Border and the sentiment is also from Memory Box.
Speaking of Memory Box, which has long been one of my absolutely favorite companies with awesome products, I was recently asked to join the Memory Box Design Team.  Now how fantastically cool is that?!!  I was just a bit on the giddy side (still am actually) and I look forward to playing with all of their stuff!  For those who are local or in Colorado, look for another awesome announcement related to this in the near future:)!!!
You can find all of the talented Design Team Member's work on the MB Blog called Outside the Box.

Of course this wonderful snowman was colored up with my always handy Copics.  I used a little bit of my Signo pen for the silver.  I also recently purchased a few of the Wink of Stella glitter brush tip markers from Zig and OMG am I in love with these things.  I didn't use them on this card, but I have a few images coming up where I've used them.  These things are fantastic and the amount of glitter that actually can been seen is amazing.  These put the Copic atyou spica pens to shame with the amount of coverage and glitter they put out.  They are built just like water brushes and the tips are more along the lines of the fine tip on the water brush.  Anyhoo, if you get a chance to play with them, take it!!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.

25 comments:

Chrissy said...

First off Shelby..congratulations on your new DT postion..that is fantastic news...Gorgeous, gorgeous, snowman and amazing colouring..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

BIG congrats on your new DT place Shelby, that is so well deserved.
Your card is gorgeous, I LOVE that snowman and your colouring is just wonderful. Such gorgeous papers too.
hugs Sue xx

Jenny said...

What a cute snowman and I looooovee your choice of pink. Congrats on the DT position. hugs x

Lorraine said...

Such exciting news Shelby, so pleased for you. I'm not surprised because your work, just like today's card, is beautiful.
Lorraine

rachel said...

gorgeous card Shelby - your colouring as ever is totally awesome - love it xx

butterfly said...

Wow - congratulations, Shelby - that's awesome news... Can't wait to see what you get up to in this new adventure with Memory Box!

Would so love to come and take classes with you - I'm in awe of your colouring skills, and it's so lovely to see you just playing for fun here - another enchanting card!
Alison xx

Deonna Bemish said...

Stunning Card Shelby! I love those colors and your coloring is always Spot on. Congrats on being on the Memory Box DT. I also love Memory Box Dies, but do not have a lot of time with working to use all of my stuff. Just barely keeping up. I can't wait to see your inspiration.

Lau W said...

Oh wow congrats for you DT position !! SUper news !
And this card is wonderful, so nice colouring !
xxx

heidy said...

Wowww congrats Shelby!!

Your card is beautiful as always!!
XXX Heidy

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty.The colours are so pretty yet vibrant in thier intensity!
Love your pretty design too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Congrat's! You are going to rock the memory box! Love this cute image and the colors you used. Fabulous design. My papers are breeding too, why do I want more? lol.

Maria said...

Ohhh, I do love snowmen and your image is adorable and colored perfectly! Such beautiful colors, ribbon, and sentiment, too! Yes, it was an awesome game with the buckeyes! It nearly gave me heart failure...lol!:-)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Congratulations on your new design team spot with Memory Box. Does that mean you get to play with their dies? No wonder you are psyched.

I'm so glad to hear you are teaching Copics classes. You have a lot to offer, as evidenced by your wonderful card creations.

Your snowman card is gorgeous. I love your flower and yes, it is nice to be able to create something just for the sheer joy of it, rather than because you need to do a project to fulfill an obligation. Those are fun too, but colouring just because you can is even more fun.

hugs,
Teresa

Maria said...

Oops, I forgot to say...Huge congrats on your new DT assignment for Memory Box...how exciting!!!:-)

Pia S said...

Congrats on your new DT position, Shelby! I LOVE MB dies and I can't wait to see what you'll make for us to see:)
On to your card - such a fun non traditional color scheme, and that snowman in so beautifully colored!

Tracy said...

Congrats on the DT. I'm not surprised, they are lucky to have you.
Such a sweet card. Cute image and the colouring is, as always, flawless.

mags said...

This is just gorgeous Shelby. Super colouring of the image and love the papers and colours. Congrats on the DT position too.
Mags
x

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Shelby, I just love seeing your colouring, you've bought this lovely snowman to life, he looks great xx

Teresa said...

Oh and Congrats on your new DT position. xxx

Shannah said...

Wow Congrats on joining the Memory Box DT! They have some yummy stuff so I'm sure you'll enjoy it! This is such a sweet little snowman!
Hugs, Shannah xox

Ellen said...

Big congrats Shelby!! You deserve it!! Awesome coloring on this super cute snowman!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Ohmygoodness, This card is just stunning! You have out done your self with all the beautiful colors. Love the layout and your wonderful image is adorable. Love your paper.
Hugs, Pat

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your non-traditional palette inspired by these pretty papers (which I have too). Gorgeous colouring and I love your pink pines! I really must head out now but I am so pleased to have visited. Hugs,Lesley

Pat K said...

Big Congratulations on your spot at MB but it doesn't surprise me..your work is beyond fabulous. Love this card and the non-traditional colours. I had to chuckle on the breeding of your papers...I know what you mean. ..just doing a little catchup here...I've missed so much! hugs, Pat K x

Mary Paulyn said...

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i’m happy to convey that I have a very good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to don’t forget this site and give it a look on a constant basis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design by Designer Blogs