Thought of the Week

The world is full of educated derelicts...Calvin Coolidge

Monday, November 18, 2013

Santa's Suit Box

Wha wha what?  2 posts in two days...I think it may be some kind of record I'm setting for myself in the last couple of months!!  I'm finally on top of things and want to get back to posting and visiting more:)  Ok, I probably just jinxed myself being all braggy like, but I'm taking my chances.

Anyhoo, I have a couple of Ladies Night Out events planned for the month of December and needed a quick and fun project to give out to the participants.  I've seen a couple of really cute Santa suit cards around the internet and just applied the concepts to a pillow box.

I had to keep myself from adding a ton of more blingy stuff since I have to make close to a hundred of these and thought simple might be the way to go:)  The pillow box was made from the Tim Holtz's pillow box die.  I knew that die would eventually come in handy:)  The sentiments on this example are from a Jillian A. Vance Designs mustache Christmas set, CC Designs Christmas, and the papers and buttons are all from my hoard. I created the buckle using some square die cuts.  But wouldn't a decorative die cut buckle or the like look wonderful?!! Oh I see I need to ink the edges of that gold paper:) oops

The backside of the pillow box using the Jillian A. Vance Design set.

For those local...Don't forget the next class on the schedule is Dec. 6th which is the Wine, Copics and Cards beginning at 5:30 and there are only 4 openings as of this morning.  And yes, there will also be non-alcoholic drinks available:)  The next scheduled Ladies Night Out (Cocktails and Color) event is Dec. 13th from 6-8:30.  You can check out all of the details on my website HERE.
Thanks for swinging by today, and I hope everyone has a great week.

I'd like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps:  Die cuts
Challenges 4 Everybody:  Anything Goes
Sugar Creek Hollow:  Tags or Boxes
Crafty Catz:  Anything not Square

20 comments:

Hanneke said...

Such a cute gift! I love those buttons on the "suit". Hugs, Hanneke

butterfly said...

Very cute design - and great for batch-making!
Alison x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Shelby, such a great design.
hugs Sue xx

Pia S said...

What a fun little gift box you've made! You've really made it look like Santa's oufit!

Jac said...

Oh my that is adorable, such a fun gift box, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Linda Palmer said...

Love your design. It is a great gift creation and fun. Glad to see you here again today.

Dewi Lestari said...

Great gift idea! Thanks for joining at ATSC: Punches and Dies
Hugs
Dewi

Debbie said...

What a fabulous gift idea Shelby. Love it. x

Janette said...

Hi Shelby, What a brilliant box, I never thought to dress one up as a Santa suit...lol...wonderful.....
You still sound real busy, have fun.xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

How cool is that! This is just fabulous, Shelby.

Lau W said...

Oh superb box !! such a nice idea !!
xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Awesome gift box and love how you added Santa suits, turned out wonderful.
Hugs, Pat

Sherry Hickey said...

This really made me smile! What a cute idea. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this time!

mags said...

A really great idea. Love them.
Mags
x

Ellen said...

Super cute boxes! Have fun on those ladies nights out!

Helene Siermans said...

This was a very fun project, me like!

Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz, good luck!
Nick

Meggymay said...

A real fun pillow box, reminds me of Santa's jacket. Thank you for joining our challenge at SCH this time.
Yvonne

Shannah said...

Oh cute, cute, cute!
Hugs, Shannah xox

Grenouille Greetings said...

Ooops. I lied! I'm still here! Fabulous little pillow box! TOOOOOOOO cute!!! Hugs, Lesley

Mary Paulyn said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design by Designer Blogs